The district of
Cameron Highlands countryside is endowed with inexhaustible
historical, natural and human riches, generously revealed to the
visitor. Its traditional villages, enhance and complement a
wonderful natural environment, with their local character,
traditional architecture and village planning.
The MARDI Cameron Highland’s Stations was first established by
the British in 1925. It was then known as the Federal
Experimental Station. Tea was first introduced in the country
in 1925 and these early tea bushes are growing healthy at the
station until today. The first tea factory built in 1935 is
still capable of processing black tea.
Park MARDI Cameron Highlands is located within the station and
was officiated by His Royal Highness DYMM The Sultan Of Pahang
on 14th of June, 2003. Since then, about 65,000
visitors, visit the park each year.
The Agrotech Park
is only 1km away from the town of Tanah Rata and easily reaches
by car, taxi, bus or even by foot. Among the major attractions
are the English Garden, strawberry production, vegetable and cut
flower production, green house research and the sale centre.