- :: SYNOPSIS
The invention, which relates to dodol processing, is a method which produces traditional Malay dodol with longer shelf life. The shelf life of normal traditional dodol is short and the dodol's stiffness will increase tremendously within 2-4 weeks. However, the dodol produced by enzymatic processing will last longer and maintains its normal elasticity during storage. Microbial amylase enzyme is added and optimized to modify and improve the dodol texture. Other ingredients such as coconut milk, brown sugar and palm sugar are then blended together and cooked over low heat until the mixture starts to thicken and turns into an oily lump of dough. Finally, the enzymatically modified processed dodol is packed with nylon which is laminated with low density polyethylene, and pasteurized at 80ºC for 15 minutes to effectively protect the dodol from microbial cross contamination and avoid rancidity to the product due to oil oxidation. The longer and stable dodol shelf life will enhance product quality and minimize microbial spoilage. The advantages of the new enzymatic dodol processing compared to the traditional methods are:
a) Improve and maintain dodol elasticity during storage.
b) Prevent product spoilage due to microbial cross contamination.
c) Reduce risk and significantly increase product shelf life up to 6 months.
- :: AWARD
1. Certificate of Award – Bronze Medal - Malaysia Technology Expo 2006. Quality Improvement of Traditional Rice Cake (Dodol) Shelf Life Through Enzymatic Modification. (2006)
- :: DEVELOPMENT STATUS
Projek Pembangunan RMK7.
- :: INDUSTRY INFORMATION
1. D Sweet Enterprise, Mutiara Teknik Edar, Tan Kim Hock Tong Seng Food Industry Sdn. Bhd.
- :: STATUS OF COMMERCIALISATION
1. BAIDUNITA, Perlis
2. MADA, Kedah
3. Habibah Food Enterprise
4. Jabatan Pertanian Kuala Lipis
5. MyLuv Marketing Sdn. Bhd.
6. Jabatan Pertanian, Melaka
7. IADP KETARA, Terengganu
- :: APPLICATION
1. Innovative dodol processing.
- :: CONTACT
Centre : FOOD TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CENTRE
Tel : 03-89416909
Fax : 03-89422906
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- :: COLLABORATOR
1. AISHAH BINTI MOHD. RAMLI (FOOD TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CENTRE)
2. MOHD. ARIFF BIN WAHID (FOOD TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CENTRE)
3. SIAH WATT MOEY (FOOD TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CENTRE)